These cake toppers are perfect for a Baby Shower Cake, for a Christening Cake or even for a 1st Birthday.
I do get lots of people asking me to make them as a set and then they put it on top of their own cake.
[ingredients title=”FOR THE BIB”]
- 100g White Modelling Paste
- 50g Pink Modelling Paste
- 50g Grey Modelling Paste
- Hot Pink Modelling Paste
- Black Edible Gel Paste Colour
[directions title=”How to Make the Bib”]
- Roll some white modelling paste to make the bib, in case you get a bump you need to poke it with diagonally with a pin.
- Using this template (click here to get the template), cut the fondant and remove the extra fondant.
- Start rolling a long thin pink sausage, and use a smoother to make it all of the same thickness without any ups and downs.
- Then put it around the bib, stick it with some water if needed. With a leaf shaper, mark the ruffle. Put some of the pink modelling paste inside too.
- To make the really cute elephant, start with a small ball of grey fondant, make a flat teardrop. Put it in the middle of the bib and glue it with some water. Add another teardrop, but this time smaller and pink, this is going to be the elephant belly. Poke a hole to make the belly button.
- Then make a flat sausage, cut in half, and apply at the bottom of the body, these are the elephant back legs. To make the feet, make two ovals and put it at the end of each leg. Add 5 little balls of pink fondant for the nails.
- For the elephant head make a flat circle and put it on top of the body but without glue it yet as we need to add the ears first.
- To make the ears, make two flat teardrops, mark a line at the bottom, press in the middle, and fill it with some pink fondant. Add some with polka dots inside each ear. Put the ears behind the head. Once you’re happy with it, glue them with some water and press gently.
- For the front legs, make a sausage, make it thinner in the middle, cut in half, flat them a little a bit, slightly bending them and apply it, at the front of the body. Again, make five little balls with fondant to make the nails for each arm.
- Now let’s make a long teardrop to make the elephant’s trunk. Curve it and put it at the bottom of the head. Draw some lines on the trunk and draw the eyes as well, painting them with some black edible colour.
- Add some curved, different sized, hearts on the bib.
- To make the cloud, add lots of different size ball.
- On the elephant cheeks, brush some pink petal dust. Some do on the clouds to make them pop up from the white background.
- Finally, let’s make the double bow. Cut a rectangle of hot pink modelling paste, put a few white dots to make a polka dot pattern. Cut the rectangle in half, flip them upside down, and fold them towards the centre. Do the same with the other one. Pinch them in the middle. Squish them together, we’re going to form a cute double bow. Add a ball of small pink fondant and glue it on the little cute elephant head.
[ingredients title=”FOR THE BABY SHOES”]
- 60g White Modelling Paste
- 60g Pink Modelling Pate
- 20g Hot Pink Modelling Paste
- Grey Modelling Paste
[directions title=”How to Make the Baby Shoes”]
- Start rolling some white fondant to make the soles, using the template (click here to download it) cut your first sole, then flip the template upside down and cut the other sole.
- Now we need to cut the rest of the shoe, this time using some pink fondant. Don’t forget that even this one needs to be flipped upside down when cutting the other shoe.
- The baby shoes that I’m going to make are going to be pink on the outside and white on the inside, that’s why now I’ve put some white fondant behind the pink one and I’m going to cut them so I’m sure they’re going to have exactly the same size. Make sure that the white paste the thinner the better, otherwise, we are going to get a too think shoe and it’s not going to look nice.
- Add bigger dot’s on the pink side using a drinking straw and some smaller ones on the inside.
- Let’s assemble everything together. First of all, we need to dump all around the sole with some water, and we’re going to add the top of the shoe. At first they not going to stick but if you keep pressing them little a bit, everything is going to stick in place.
- Add some cling film on the inside of the shoes to hold its shape.
- With some hot pink fondant, make a sausage, cut five pieces of it and make 5 balls. Gentle squeeze them together and press them. You’ll see that a flower is forming. Draw two lines from the centre of the flower. Add a grey ball in the middle. Put it at the front right of the shoe.
[ingredients title=”FOR THE BABY BOTTLE”]
- White Modelling Paste
- Pink Modelling Paste
- Black Edible Gel Colour
- Peach or pink Petal Dust
[directions title=”HOW TO MAKE THE BABY BOTTLE”]
- Make a think sausage of white fondant. Make it flat at the top and bottom.
- To make the bottle’s nipple, make a small ball and then with a brush handle start rolling. Cut the extra fondant at the bottom and make it flat. Put it on top of the bottle.
- Add a long stripe of pink fondant all around it, cut any excess and make a lot line all around it.
- Colour the top with some peach petal dust, and paint some black lines and that’s all done now.